Interesting facts you didn’t know about private jets
Private jets are part of a very interesting industry. Here are some surprising facts about this luxurious mode of travel, from Monmouth Executive Airport in New Jersey.
- The USA is the private jet capital of the world: Recent statistics show that the US makes up around 49.7% of all private jet flights in the whole world, with Europe and Asia Pacific following up with 20.6% and 11.6% respectively.
- Cessna has the most popular private jet: The iconic Cessna Citation Excel, also known as the Citation XLS and XLS+, is the most popular private jet in the USA. Not only is it a striking and elegant piece of engineering, it also has great range at around 2,100nm, can take 9 passengers in luxurious comfort and has a load capacity of over 7,000lbs.
- Private jets love the Superbowl: Of all big events, including the Kentucky Derby and the Monaco Grand Prix, the Superbowl is the most travelled-to event for private jets – in the entire world. Even more impressive is that around 50% of this private jet traffic comes from international travelers who want to experience the legendary event and the famous half-time show.
- Celebs love to be pilots as well as passengers: For many A-listers, travelling in a private jet is the only way to go. For a few, however, the thrill is in piloting their own aircraft. This list of celebrities includes John Travolta, who has an astounding 11 jets, as well as Tom Cruise, in his Gulfstream IV.
- The world’s most expensive private jet costs over $500 million: Owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud, this jet is a modified Airbus A380. It features a two-car garage and a stable as well as many other high-end luxury fittings.
- Private jets have access to more airports: While commercial airliners can take you to any of the 500 commercial airports across the USA, private jets can take off and land from over 5,000 airports – including all the large commercial ones. This means greater flight flexibility, easier flights past inclement weather and easier access to more cities and towns for passengers.
Monmouth Executive Airport – A world-class travel hub for private jets
If you are considering flying out of New Jersey,Monmouth Executive Airport – just 20 minutes to Manhattan by helicopter – offers everything business and private travelers require. For private pilots, we offer high quality, competitively priced fuel rates, aircraft maintenance services and hangar space in New Jersey – available immediately. Through our world-class amenities, hangars and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience.
For more information on our FBO services or custom hangar space in NJ, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.