Five steps to choose the right executive airport
Are you searching for the best executive airport? Choosing the right one will make your travels smoother, more convenient, and can help extend the life of your aircraft. Before making your choice, here are five steps that will help you select the best one for you:
- Ensure it’s well connected. The last thing you want to do after a long flight is get in the car for another long journey. The closer your executive airport is to your destination, including major highways, the more convenient it will be for you. For example, if you travel frequently to the Jersey Shore, you’ll want an airport that gives you easy access to the beautiful beaches while also being close to New York, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City.
- Choose an airport that has hangar space available for your aircraft now, rather than put your name on a waiting list. Many executive airports won’t have hangar space immediately available for you, and instead they’ll add you to a waiting list with no guarantee as to when they can accommodate you. Not knowing if there’s space for your aircraft makes it difficult to plan your trips, so we recommend selecting an airport that can give you a spot straight away.
- Ensure it’s open 24 hours a day. We all experience delays with air travel, but an executive airport that’s open around the clock will be able to accommodate you at all hours. Fuel should also be available on site 24 hours a day in order to maximize convenience and avoid you having to wait.
- Choose an airport that has on-site repair, inspection and maintenance services. Keeping your aircraft in premium condition is crucial for your safety and for the life of your aircraft. Having a team of experienced mechanics on-site gives you the ultimate convenience – you can store your aircraft and have it serviced at the same time, so that when you’re ready to leave you know it’s in peak condition.
- Ensure there is a rental car service on site. Upon landing you don’t want to have to travel far to pick up your rental car, and an on-site rental car service makes your journey that much easier.
New Jersey-based executive airports
Monmouth Executive Airport is well connected, close to the Jersey Shore and big surrounding cities, and we have hangar space available now. We’re open 24 hours a day, we have a team of expert mechanics, and we have an on-site flight school for anyone who wants to learn to fly. Give us a call today and learn more about our executive airport. We look forward to hearing from you.