Making History: The Most Important Moments in Flight
At Monmouth Executive Airport we’re passionate about flying, and we love sharing amazing moments from flight history. Ever since the Wright brothers successfully flew the first aircraft in December of 1903, so many incredible achievements have been made. Here are just a few of the significant moments in flight history:
- In 1911, Harriet Quimby became the first licensed female pilot in the US
- In May 1927, Charles Lindbergh completed the first solo nonstop Trans-Atlantic flight from Long Island, New York to Paris, France
- In 1958, Pan American became the first airline to offer commercial flights across the Atlantic, flying from New York to Paris. This marked the beginning of long-haul passenger flights
- In 1969, the legendary Boeing 747 first took to the skies. This aircraft, which is still used today, made travel accessible to millions of people around the world and even changed the way that airports were designed
- Another big moment in 1969 was when Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong became the first men to walk on the moon, an achievement that was observed and celebrated around the world
- In 1984, NASA launched Space Shuttle Discovery, which remained active until 2011
- In 2017, pilot Barrington Irving became the youngest person to make a solo flight around the world at just 25 years old
Are you interested in flying lessons?
Thousands of people across the country are drawn to flying because of the thrill, the excitement, and nothing quite compares to the feeling of being up in the air. At Monmouth Airport we are proud to offer flying lessons in NJ for those who want to experience the freedom, and our talented instructors have been guiding people through the skies for more than 20 years now.
At our flight school in NJ we welcome people of all ages and all abilities to discover your passion for flying. We are located in an uncrowded area that provides us with a safe and stress-free environment for everyone, from beginners to our more experienced flyers.
Some people think you need your own aircraft to take flying lessons, or to obtain your pilot’s license, but that certainly isn’t the case. There are many aircraft rental companies, including one right here at Monmouth Airport, that offer private plane rentals at affordable rates, meaning you can rent a plane at your own convenience. Whether it’s a two-day trip down the coast or a longer vacation, renting a plane has never been easier.
Get more information about our flight school in NJ
Whether you’re ready to learn to fly in NJ, or you’re still in the information-gathering stage, please contact us today and our team will be happy to answer all of your questions. We welcome to you experience the unparalleled sense of freedom that flying provides. Our flight school in NJ is ready for you!