2 March 2021 Learn to Fly
Have you ever been curious about enrolling in a pilot training program? Many people dream about learning to fly, whether as a career choice or a hobby. At Monmouth Executive Airport, we run a premier flight school in NJ where you can pursue your passion, learn all about becoming a pilot, and experience the freedom of flying.
Taking flying lessons is incredibly rewarding, and we’re proud to say that we’ve worked with hundreds of people of all different ages and experience levels. Whether you’re brand new to the world of flying with no prior experience, or you’ve had some flying experience before, we welcome you to participate in our pilot training program. We also welcome you to take a Discovery flight with one of our certified instructors.
What to expect during a Discovery flight
Once you’re ready to learn to fly, your first point of call will be a Discovery flight. This is exactly what it sounds like – an introductory flight that allows you to discover what it’s like to operate an aircraft.
Here’s what you can expect during a typical Discovery flight:
- While still on the ground, a certified flight instructor will walk you around the aircraft and familiarize you with all the components, both inside and out. You’ll get a tour of the cockpit including all major controls, and the instructor will be sure that you understand all functionalities before getting up in the air.
- You’ll then learn how to check all the flight systems to ensure the aircraft is ready for take-off.
- Now that the plane is ready for take-off, you’ll join the instructor in the aircraft for a short flight, usually around 45 minutes. While in the air, you’ll assist with monitoring fuel levels, engine oil, aircraft lights, and other essential components.
- The flight instructor may also allow you to assist them with some gentle, easy maneuvers while you’re in the air.
- Once you’re back on the ground, the pilot will show you how to examine the aircraft for any signs of damage.
Discovery flights are great for people who want to get a taste of what it’s like to be a pilot, and we recommend taking one before you sign up for pilot training.
For more information about Monmouth Executive Airport’s flight school, or if you’d like more information about Discovery flights, please contact our team today. Find out why so many people in New Jersey choose our pilot training program. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you’ve ever thought about attending flight school as a pathway to becoming a pilot, you are probably curious about what the average day at flight school is really like. Many people are curious about flying and dream of turning it into a career, and at Monmouth Executive Airport’s flight school we’re proud to help people of all ages and abilities to achieve this dream. Here’s a quick guide of what you can expect when attending our flight school.
What day one of flight school looks like in NJ:
- You’ll arrive at Monmouth Airport, sign in for the day, and receive your instructions for the day’s assignments. Flight school assignments are designed to improve your abilities and will get more complex as the course progresses. Don’t worry, you’ll have a certified flight instructor with you the entire time.
- After receiving your assignment for the day, you’ll attend a briefing with your flight instructor during which you’ll review the assignment, go over any questions, and confirm what you need to achieve on that particular day.
- It’s time to get up in the air! Alongside your instructor you’ll carry out your assignment and work on your flying skills.
- Once you land, you’ll have a debrief with your instructor and go over things you did well, areas for improvement, and discuss any other issues. Your instructor’s feedback is very valuable and the debrief session is where you can really hone your skills as a future pilot.
- Now that your daily flight is done, it’s time to study the materials from your flight school and learn even more about what it’s like to be a pilot.
- Before you finish for the day, you’ll have an opportunity to chat with your flight instructor, your advisor, or other flight school students. And with that, your first day at flight school has come to an end.
Pursue your flight school dreams in New Jersey
As mentioned above, people of all ages and abilities can attend flight school. Whether you’ve been dreaming of training to be a pilot for years, or you think it may be a new hobby to enjoy, our instructors work with beginners and advanced flyers alike. Flight school will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to get your pilot’s license and experience the freedom of flying.
Don’t put off your dreams any longer! To learn more about taking flying lessons at Monmouth Executive Airport in New Jersey, or if you have any other questions, please contact our team today.
The aviation industry went through a lot of ups and downs in 2020, and here at Monmouth Executive Airport we’ve been carefully watching the industry to understand what trends we’ll be seeing throughout 2021. Business travel via private jet is convenient, quick, and more affordable than it’s been in the past, so with that in mind, here are several business aviation trends we expect to see in 2021:
- We’ll see more first-time business travelers using private jets.
After experiencing a year filled with travel disruptions, executives will want to take advantage of how convenient it is to travel via private jet, especially given their busy schedules. We also anticipate executives wanting to connect in person once it’s safe to do so.
- An enhanced focus on hygiene and cleanliness. Hygiene has always been important to the aviation industry, especially when there are so many people in a small space. Given the fact that private jets allow business travelers to avoid crowded terminals and cramped airplane seating, we expect executives will prefer flying private for increased comfort and peace of mind.
- Increased demand due to flexibility. The pandemic has proven that travel is one of the things people miss the most, and whether for business or leisure, private jets are more readily available and offer more options than commercial flights. Business travelers often have strict schedules and require a jet in last-minute situations, so we expect to see increased demand from executives.
- An increased focus on client experience and retention. With a predicted increase in demand, companies will be going above and beyond to ensure private flyers have a seamless experience and keep coming back. Business travelers who require private jets with flexible schedules just might become regular clients in 2021.
Are you ready to learn to fly?
One thing we learned in 2020 is that we shouldn’t delay pursuing our interests and our passions. Many people are interested in taking flying lessons, but simply haven’t gotten around to it yet. If this sounds familiar, then now is the time to pursue your dream of getting up in the air! At Monmouth Executive Airport we have a world-class flight school for people of all ages and experience levels, and we love sharing the excitement that comes from soaring through the sky.
For more information about Monmouth Executive Airport, or if you’d like to find out more about our flying school, please feel free to contact us today.
The Coronavirus pandemic has left many wondering how and when they will be able to safely travel and visit friends and family that live overseas. Although some domestic airlines are operating again, safety and social distancing are a valid concern and may prove to be quite difficult to implement in busy airport terminals and oftentimes tightly packed commercial planes with small seats and little legroom, to say the least.
Many believe that technology like biometrics might become the new normal at check-ins and security points as it helps to avoid human-to-human contact and the handling of documents back and forth and thus the spreading of germs. Facial recognition as well as fingerprint and eye-scan technology could prove to be the way forward to assist in maintaining social distancing at airports and may also allow for the faster processing of passengers through airport terminals.
Time is money and the time spent to board a commercial aircraft post-COVID 19 could be lengthy considering all the new health and safety protocols that airlines and airports will have to implement. That’s why private aviation is so appealing.
4 reasons why private aviation saves time and poses fewer risks
- Passengers boarding a private jet spend a lot less time at the airport because the average time from arriving at the airport to boarding your charter plane is less than 15 minutes.
- Fewer people at the airport mean fewer health and safety procedures thus saving you time, and if we may state the obvious, far fewer passengers on your plane.
- No queues at immigration, fewer shops (if any) and no need for baggage to be labeled at the check-in counter all mean less human interaction and fewer safety risks for those who simply cannot afford to get sick or who may be in a high-risk category should they get sick from the Coronavirus.
- Chartering a private jet at Monmouth Jet Center also means you can fly at your own schedule because smaller jets fly faster and higher than commercial airlines and so their flight paths are more direct and they do not compete with larger airlines for airspace.
Monmouth Executive airport offers low-risk travel solutions, custom hangar space in NJ as well as a flight school in NJ
You can even learn to fly NJ at Monmouth airport in New Jersey which is conveniently located just outside of crowded NY area airspace making it one of the safest places to learn to fly and one of the top flight schools in NJ. Enjoy some flying lessons in NJ and experience the thrill of learning to fly NJ in uncrowded airspace and beautiful surroundings.
At Monmouth Executive Airport we’re passionate about flying, and we love sharing amazing moments from flight history. Ever since the Wright brothers successfully flew the first aircraft in December of 1903, so many incredible achievements have been made. Here are just a few of the significant moments in flight history:
- In 1911, Harriet Quimby became the first licensed female pilot in the US
- In May 1927, Charles Lindbergh completed the first solo nonstop Trans-Atlantic flight from Long Island, New York to Paris, France
- In 1958, Pan American became the first airline to offer commercial flights across the Atlantic, flying from New York to Paris. This marked the beginning of long-haul passenger flights
- In 1969, the legendary Boeing 747 first took to the skies. This aircraft, which is still used today, made travel accessible to millions of people around the world and even changed the way that airports were designed
- Another big moment in 1969 was when Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong became the first men to walk on the moon, an achievement that was observed and celebrated around the world
- In 1984, NASA launched Space Shuttle Discovery, which remained active until 2011
- In 2017, pilot Barrington Irving became the youngest person to make a solo flight around the world at just 25 years old
Are you interested in flying lessons?
Thousands of people across the country are drawn to flying because of the thrill, the excitement, and nothing quite compares to the feeling of being up in the air. At Monmouth Airport we are proud to offer flying lessons in NJ for those who want to experience the freedom, and our talented instructors have been guiding people through the skies for more than 20 years now.
At our flight school in NJ we welcome people of all ages and all abilities to discover your passion for flying. We are located in an uncrowded area that provides us with a safe and stress-free environment for everyone, from beginners to our more experienced flyers.
Some people think you need your own aircraft to take flying lessons, or to obtain your pilot’s license, but that certainly isn’t the case. There are many aircraft rental companies, including one right here at Monmouth Airport, that offer private plane rentals at affordable rates, meaning you can rent a plane at your own convenience. Whether it’s a two-day trip down the coast or a longer vacation, renting a plane has never been easier.
Get more information about our flight school in NJ
Whether you’re ready to learn to fly in NJ, or you’re still in the information-gathering stage, please contact us today and our team will be happy to answer all of your questions. We welcome to you experience the unparalleled sense of freedom that flying provides. Our flight school in NJ is ready for you!