Are you ready to finally pursue your dreams and become a student pilot? We’ve put together this handy checklist of 8 essentials every student pilot needs, so be sure to check it out before you enroll in flight school. You’ll be fully prepared and up in the air in no time.
Learning how to fly is a dream that many people share, and at Monmouth Flight School we welcome people of all ages and abilities. You’re never too old to be a student again, and the sense of freedom you’ll feel when you’re up in the air is unparalleled. So what are you waiting for? Stock up on the essentials and register at your local flight school today!
Must-Have Gear For Every Student Pilot:
- A logbook. You’ll need a logbook to keep detailed records of all your training flights, and it will stay with you during every single journey. We recommend getting a sturdy logbook with plenty of pages so you won’t have to transfer information over to a new book.
- Non-polarized sunglasses. It’s hard enough to drive your car on a bright sunny day, so imagine how bright it gets when you’re above the clouds.
- A manual E6B Flight Computer. This allows you to calculate different formulas and conversions, and most flight schools require you to use this before moving on to an Electronic Flight Computer.
- A high-quality headset. While you might be provided with one in flight school, we recommend investing in your own comfortable headset.
- FAA textbooks. Even experienced pilots need to brush up on the latest rules and regulations, so when you’re starting out as a beginner, your instructor will give you a list of required reading.
- A flashlight or a headlamp with a red lens. When flying at night you’ll frequently shift your vision from the cockpit to beyond the dashboard and back again. Red light allows your eyes to remain adjusted to the darkly-lit conditions.
- Maps, known to the aviation community as a VFR sectional. You’ll need a map of the areas you are flying and training in.
- A flight bag to store all the items listed above.
Learning To Fly At Monmouth Flight School
At Monmouth Flight School our certified flight instructors are ready to welcome you. Our students are of all ages and abilities, and we love helping people achieve their dreams of soaring through the sky. So if you’ve been thinking about taking flying lessons and you’re still in the information gathering stage, or if you’re ready to sign up, give us a call.
If you’d like more information about Monmouth Flight School, or if you have any questions about becoming a student pilot, please contact our team at Monmouth Jet Center today. Discover why so many student pilots learn to fly with us. We look forward to hearing from you.