5 Questions to ask your charter broker
Private jet charter brokers act as the middle person between you and private jet companies, and they’re responsible for a variety of things including arranging aircraft leases, finding you the best private jet for your needs, and helping to book flights, to name a few. At Monmouth Airport we recommend doing a bit of research before deciding on a charter broker, because choosing a private jet is a big decision and safety is of the utmost importance. Here are five questions to ask potential charter brokers that’ll help you pick the best one for you:
- How long have you been in business? You want a broker who can demonstrate longevity in the industry, because their knowledge and experience will be a valuable part of the brokering process.
- Can you share your client reviews? Ideally, you’ll choose a charter broker who has a proven track record of satisfied clients. In addition to reading reviews the broker gives you, it’s worth your time to do your own internet searches and check independent review sites to get an idea of people’s experiences.
- What accreditations and industry memberships do you have? You want a broker whose company has gone through voluntary accreditation programs because it shows they take their job seriously. They should also be a member of certain industry organizations like BACA, NBAA, and EBAA. These organizations have strict standards and being a member of them reflects positively on a company.
- Can you tell me about your safety standards? Safety is of the utmost importance, and reputable charter brokers abide by the most rigorous safety standards. Ask them to explain how they choose which jet companies to partner with, what their vetting processes are, and any other safety procedures they have.
- What’s included in the price? When a broker gives you a quote, it’s your responsibility to verify what that quote includes. Some companies include things like taxes and catering fees in their initial quote, while some might not include these costs until after you’ve approved the cost.
Why invest in your own hangar space?
For those who have their own private jets, investing in your own aircraft hangar at a smaller executive airport is certainly worth it. Commercial airports often have long waiting lists, but executive airports like Monmouth Airport can accommodate your aircraft with no wait. Knowing that you always have your own hangar space makes traveling more convenient and less stressful, and you can come and go as you please uninterrupted.
For more information about Monmouth Executive Airport, please contact us today. Discover why so many people in New Jersey choose us for custom hangar space and more. We look forward to hearing from you.