How rewarding is it to learn to fly?
Have you ever been curious about enrolling in a pilot training program? Many people dream about learning to fly, whether as a career choice or a hobby. At Monmouth Executive Airport, we run a premier flight school in NJ where you can pursue your passion, learn all about becoming a pilot, and experience the freedom of flying.
Taking flying lessons is incredibly rewarding, and we’re proud to say that we’ve worked with hundreds of people of all different ages and experience levels. Whether you’re brand new to the world of flying with no prior experience, or you’ve had some flying experience before, we welcome you to participate in our pilot training program. We also welcome you to take a Discovery flight with one of our certified instructors.
What to expect during a Discovery flight
Once you’re ready to learn to fly, your first point of call will be a Discovery flight. This is exactly what it sounds like – an introductory flight that allows you to discover what it’s like to operate an aircraft.
Here’s what you can expect during a typical Discovery flight:
- While still on the ground, a certified flight instructor will walk you around the aircraft and familiarize you with all the components, both inside and out. You’ll get a tour of the cockpit including all major controls, and the instructor will be sure that you understand all functionalities before getting up in the air.
- You’ll then learn how to check all the flight systems to ensure the aircraft is ready for take-off.
- Now that the plane is ready for take-off, you’ll join the instructor in the aircraft for a short flight, usually around 45 minutes. While in the air, you’ll assist with monitoring fuel levels, engine oil, aircraft lights, and other essential components.
- The flight instructor may also allow you to assist them with some gentle, easy maneuvers while you’re in the air.
- Once you’re back on the ground, the pilot will show you how to examine the aircraft for any signs of damage.
Discovery flights are great for people who want to get a taste of what it’s like to be a pilot, and we recommend taking one before you sign up for pilot training.
For more information about Monmouth Executive Airport’s flight school, or if you’d like more information about Discovery flights, please contact our team today. Find out why so many people in New Jersey choose our pilot training program. We look forward to hearing from you.