Life at a Flight School: What it’s Really Like
If you’ve ever thought about attending flight school as a pathway to becoming a pilot, you are probably curious about what the average day at flight school is really like. Many people are curious about flying and dream of turning it into a career, and at Monmouth Executive Airport’s flight school we’re proud to help people of all ages and abilities to achieve this dream. Here’s a quick guide of what you can expect when attending our flight school.
What day one of flight school looks like in NJ:
- You’ll arrive at Monmouth Airport, sign in for the day, and receive your instructions for the day’s assignments. Flight school assignments are designed to improve your abilities and will get more complex as the course progresses. Don’t worry, you’ll have a certified flight instructor with you the entire time.
- After receiving your assignment for the day, you’ll attend a briefing with your flight instructor during which you’ll review the assignment, go over any questions, and confirm what you need to achieve on that particular day.
- It’s time to get up in the air! Alongside your instructor you’ll carry out your assignment and work on your flying skills.
- Once you land, you’ll have a debrief with your instructor and go over things you did well, areas for improvement, and discuss any other issues. Your instructor’s feedback is very valuable and the debrief session is where you can really hone your skills as a future pilot.
- Now that your daily flight is done, it’s time to study the materials from your flight school and learn even more about what it’s like to be a pilot.
- Before you finish for the day, you’ll have an opportunity to chat with your flight instructor, your advisor, or other flight school students. And with that, your first day at flight school has come to an end.
Pursue your flight school dreams in New Jersey
As mentioned above, people of all ages and abilities can attend flight school. Whether you’ve been dreaming of training to be a pilot for years, or you think it may be a new hobby to enjoy, our instructors work with beginners and advanced flyers alike. Flight school will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to get your pilot’s license and experience the freedom of flying.